Tuesday, April 11, 2006

What Came in the Mail.

I hadn't checked the mail in a few days, so I wasn't surprised when I came home to a pile of envelopes on the kitchen table.

"Thanks for checking the PO Box, Chris."

"No problem. Hey, there was a big package that came in, too."

Big brown shipping box. Marked "Fragile."

I took a pair of scissors and sliced through the packing tape. Eight thousand pink Styrofoam peanuts flew out everywhere, much to the delight of Ms. Siah Sausage. I flung out all the packing peanuts and then I Saw Him.

That blonde hair. Those ridiculous socks. Half a smirk graced his plastic face as if he knew the three-point shot was nothing but net as long as he had control of the ball.

My man, Larry Bird.

This is precisely why Mr. Scott K. Johnson is one of the coolest people on the planet. So I extend my biggest THANK YOU to Scott for the vintage Larry Bird bobble head. It's tremendously cool and my cardio workout thanks you. Here's to your vast collection of test strips in your night table drawer.

Siah found him to be rather delicious, too.

18 Comments:

At April 11, 2006 9:55 AM, Blogger Vivian said...

Kerri,
How cool is that? I see it now, you will have a room in your home that will be known internationally as the Bird room. =)

 
At April 11, 2006 10:10 AM, Blogger Kassie said...

Scott has redefined the phrase, "Giving the Bird"!

 
At April 11, 2006 10:17 AM, Blogger Kerri. said...

Bravo, Kassie!! That was one I didn't think of.

But I wish I had.

 
At April 11, 2006 10:24 AM, Blogger Nicole P said...

Very cool. I think Scott wins the thoughtful award for at least the next year.

 
At April 11, 2006 10:25 AM, Blogger Kelsey said...

Cute picture of you and Chris in the background of the Siah shot! :)

 
At April 11, 2006 10:27 AM, Blogger Kerri. said...

Scott does win the Thoughtful Award. For at least the next decade... ;)

And Kelsey, that picture was from the cruise we took in January. It's our "Young Republicans" picture because we look like we're running for office.

Our "Young Democrats" picture is of he and I wearing hula skirts and viking hats.

 
At April 11, 2006 10:50 AM, Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Yay! I'm so glad you like it!!!

I tell you - I had a lot of fun with this. We'll do another contest soon.

You all are the BEST!

 
At April 11, 2006 11:50 AM, Blogger George said...

That is sweet! I love the pic with you kitty. That is so cute! LOL

 
At April 11, 2006 12:48 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

OMG, that is so damn funny. Now you can watch Larry bobble while you blog about him.

 
At April 11, 2006 1:51 PM, Blogger Nicole P said...

Um, PS, your cat looks like some sort of wild ball-eating animal in that picture.

 
At April 11, 2006 1:57 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

So jealous!!

 
At April 11, 2006 2:01 PM, Blogger Kerri. said...

My cat is a wild, ball-eating animal.

She also destroyed at least a dozen of the styrafoam peanuts and I'm sure she's now sleeping in the empty packing box. Probably dragged a few pump caps in there with her, as they are her most favorite toy on this earth.

Sigh...

I'm like an old woman with these ridiculous cats.

 
At April 11, 2006 2:05 PM, Blogger melissa said...

What a cool prize from Scott! Can't wait until the next contest! Love the picture of kitty eating the ball.

 
At April 11, 2006 2:51 PM, Blogger E said...

I think you should submit your Siah pictures to cuteoverload.com.

- Your fellow old cat lady.

 
At April 11, 2006 7:12 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

the cat is too cute eating the ball.

I assume you have seen stuffonmycat?

 
At April 11, 2006 10:17 PM, Blogger Penny said...

That is so cool. And, how thoughtful of Scott.

Also, I love the picture of you cat.

 
At April 12, 2006 12:32 PM, Blogger julia said...

You should have named the cat Havlicek because then you could get the sound file of Johnny Most screaming "Havlicek stole the ball! Johnny Havlicek stole the ball!"

Or you could just download my brain because it's been in continuous loop in my head all. friggin'. day. after seeing that picture.

 
At April 12, 2006 10:55 PM, Anonymous Cin said...

Scott is just too cool. He rocks !!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home